Attica, Ohio, began in 1827 with the survey of the north-south "Columbus-Sandusky Pike," now Ohio State Route 4. In 1828 a petition was granted for the east-west "New Haven Road," now US Route 224. Thus, the "square" of the village was born.
The Village of Attica is an equal opportunity provider.
The Village of Attica is hiring for a part-time Utility Billing Clerk.
- Assist in processing payments of all accounts and preparing daily deposits.
- Assist in opening and processing all daily mail.
- Answer telephone, and handle customer calls on billing questions.
- Knowledge of servicing billing accounts.
- Preparing utility billing and final billing for printing and mailing.
- Take and update all information for new, disconnect, and transfer accounts.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Business school or college courses in bookkeeping or office administration topics preferred.
- Two years of clerical or customer service experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Courteous and responsive oral and written communication.
- Ability to perform routine clerical work.
- Knowledge of office methods, practices and procedures, and ability to make mathematical calculations.
- Proficient in operating Microsoft Word and Excel applications and customized municipal software in a personal computer environment.
The Village of Attica is an equal opportunity employer.